Friday, May 27, 2011

Roasted Chile Hamburger with Chipotle Aoili



I  never post twice in one day, but I wanted to get this posted before the weekend. This hamburger is perfect for your holiday weekend. The inspiration came from a local place called Ruth's Diner. My sister ordered the Roasted Chile Hamburger. I sat there and watched as see ate and moaned and groaned about how it was the best burger she has ever had.

Later that night I decided to recreate it. My mom had bought some Udi's Gluten Free Hamburger Buns, so we were set! This really is the best burger I have ever had!

Roasted Chili Hamburger with Chipotle Aoili
Serves 4

You will need:
4 Hamburger Buns (I used Udi's GF Hamburger Buns
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
1 can roasted green chiles
1 small purple onion, slices
1 large tomato, sliced
pickle slices
lettuce
smoked gouda, optional
Chipotle Aoili, recipe follows

1. Prepare the Chipotle Aoili. Divide the ground beef into four patties. Season with salt and pepper. Prepare your favorite way; grill, bake, pan-fry, etc. Meanwhile in a small saucepan heat the green chiles over medium heat. Spread aoili over both sides of the bun. Assemble burgers and enjoy!


Chipotle Aoili
8 TB mayonnaise
4 garlic cloves, very finely minced
2 TB fresh lime juice
1 TB chopped cilantro
1/2 -3/4 tsp chipotle flakes
1/2 tsp cumin powder
salt and pepper to taste

1. Combine all ingredients and whisk until well combined. Set aside.

*This recipe is linked to Fresh Bites Friday and Allergy Friendly Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! It makes my day. :)