Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Green" Power Smoothie


I drink this smoothie for breakfast almost every day. It keeps me full for hours, is nourishing and yummy! It isn't really green because I add blueberries, so it is a strange purple/green color. :) It is full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, good fats, complex carbs and protein.

"Green" Power Smoothie
Serves 1 (or 2-3 small servings)
About 24 ounces

1 C milk (I use almond milk)
3-4 frozen strawberries
1/4 C frozen blueberries
1/2 ripe banana (mine is usually frozen)
1/2 fresh orange, with peel removed, but leave on the white pith
4-5 kale leaves, remove the leaves from the center rib
2 TB fresh parsley leaves
1/4 avocado
1 TB flax or chia seeds
1/4-1/2 C water
stevia or another sweetener, to taste

*I also add 2 raw eggs for protein. You can use a protein powder if you prefer. I recommend THIS one sweetened with stevia, without artificial colors, flavors and fillers. It is the most natural and the best tasting protein I have found.

Place all ingredients in a heavy duty blender (I have a VitaMix) and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed. I don't like mine really thick, so I add more water. Enjoy the healthiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! It makes my day. :)