Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Banana Coconut Nut Muffins- GF

I am speechless. These muffins are divine. Behold the loveliness...


I fell in love with a new recipe blog, La Tartine Gourmande. Great recipes and amazing photography...my two favorite things.

I ran across THIS recipe and since I had some ripe bananas just begging to be used for some baked good, I gave it a try. I didn't have any of the flours that were called for so I substituted a few flours and sweeteners and they turned out wonderful. Moist, light yumminess.

Banana Coconut Nut Muffins
Makes 16 Muffins

3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
2/3 C coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
1/3 C raw dark agave
1/3 C unsweetened shredded coconut + more for topping
1 C quinoa flour (I didn't have quinoa flour so I ground some quinoa flakes in my coffee grinder to make a fine flour)
1/2 C hazelnut flour or almond (I used almond flour. You can make your own by grinding almonds in a high speed blender until a flour or "meal" forms.)
1/2 C buckwheat or brown rice flour
1/2 C coconut oil, melted
1/4 C unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 C walnuts, chopped (optional)


1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the oil and agave and mix well. Add the coconut milk and mix.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, grated coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredient to the wet ones and mix until just combined.
6. Add the mashed bananas and mix gently. Add the nuts and mix gently.
7. Fill the muffins papers nearly to the top. Sprinkle with more shredded coconut.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


*You could replace the 2 cups of gluten free flours with whole wheat flour if you prefer to not make them gluten free.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are more actively adding to your blog.... I LOVE IT!!! I think the one you mentioned La Tartine Gourmande may be one of my new favorites.... thanks for the heads up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JandB - Thank YOU for reading! I have a lot more time on my hands now so watch for at least one recipe a day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love! It makes my day. :)