Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cobb Salad

I am so sick of boring salad and a chicken breast. A couple weeks ago I went out to eat and got a Cobb Salad, so I decided to recreate it for my lunch yesterday. It was delicious, light and refreshing.



Cobb Salad
Serves 1

2 C Romaine Lettuce, torn into small pieces
1 hard boiled egg, diced
2 slices of turkey bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
1/4 avocado, diced
1/2 small tomato, diced
red onion, sliced
1/4 cucumber, diced
a few crumbles of blue cheese, optional (you could use any cheese you have on hand)
4 oz grilled chicken, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder

I used Bolthouse Farms Olive Oil Vinaigrette for the dressing. Bolthouse Farms dressing are fruit juice sweetened and natural. They can be found in the produce section, by the refrigerated dressings. Or you could make your own, like THIS one.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! It makes my day. :)