Friday, November 20, 2009

Pumpkin Shake

I love pumpkin with a passion! Anything pumpkin makes me smile. I adapted this recipe from a low carb recipe site.

Pumpkin Shake

1/3 C Pumpkin (NOT Pumpkin Pie Mix)
1/4 C Coconut Milk or other dairy alternative
1 raw egg (optional for more protein)

1/2 C water
1/2 TB Pumpkin Pie Spice (I like is spicy, so you may want to start out with a little less and add more to taste)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Stevia to taste

Put in blender and blend until smooth. If you need some more protein add a scoop of your protein powder or shake. If you use the Jay Robb Whey Protein you don't need to add any stevia or sweetener.

I freeze the pumpkin and milk ahead of time in an ice cube tray so I don't have to use any ice. I measure out the pumpkin and milk and figure out how many cubes it will be for one shake, then I freeze enough cube for 2-3 shakes. I am not sure how standard ice cube trays are, but mine is 3 cubes of pumpkin and 2 cubes of cream per shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! It makes my day. :)