This is my favorite new salad. I eat is several times a week!
Grilled Chicken Salad w/Candied Pecans and Apples
1 grilled chicken breast
10 Candied Pecans (recipe below)
1 crisp apple, cut into pieces
1 slice red onion
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe below)
1. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and toss well.
1 C raw pecans
1/4 C agave nectar
2 TB melted butter or oil
dash of salt
1. Set oven to broil
2. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread the covered pecans over the bottom and place under broiler.
4. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring and flipping the nuts 2-3 times. Check the nuts every 1-2 minutes to avoid burning (if you are like me you burn the nuts 9 times out of 10!)
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
1 TB all fruit raspberry jam
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp agave nectar
1 TB fresh citrus juice (orange is my favorite)
2 tsp filtered water
1. Combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk together.